FoodShare: News and Updates – Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Official website of the State of Wisconsin
Here’s how you know
Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
This page provides news to keep members up to date on what’s happening related to FoodShare and P-EBT benefits.
DHS issued Summer EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) to families with qualifying children on June 22. A one-time benefit of $120 was added to QUEST or P-EBT cards for each eligible child. Families must spend the amount within 122 days of the issue date, wherever FoodShare is accepted.
Families that got benefits received a letter with details. If you think you should have gotten Summer EBT and didn’t, visit the link below for more information.
Learn more about Summer EBT
Did you lose food due to a recent power outage? You can request replacement FoodShare and/or Summer EBT benefits within 10 days of the lost food.
You can submit the form using ACCESS, at your agency, or by mail or fax. | May 23, 2024
After you are approved for FoodShare, it can take up to 30 days to get your QUEST card that lets you use your benefits to buy food. If you need food sooner, ask your for a temporary card.
Start by filling out a Temporary QUEST Card Request form, F-02260A, and turn it in. | January 5, 2024
Did you know that some stores allow you to pay for your groceries online using your QUEST card? Some offer home delivery, too.
Look for an EBT or SNAP card option at checkout. You will need to enter your card PIN each time you buy food. | December 20, 2023
If you are getting FoodShare, you can see if you qualify for health care benefits, too. Coverage through BadgerCare Plus or Medicaid may be available to you.
Get started by logging in to your account on ACCESS, and selecting add a program. | December 1, 2023
If you have a large gambling or lottery win, let us know. Members must report $4,250 or more won in a single hand, ticket, game, or bet.
You can report your winnings through your ACCESS account or use the FoodShare Income Change Report, F-16066. | October 5, 2023
Depending on your age, you might have to meet a work requirement to get keep getting FoodShare benefits.
The age range of 18-52 is expanding to 18-54 on October 1, 2024. There are also new work requirement exemptions, such as being a veteran. | August 16, 2023
Download the MyACCESS app from your app store to manage your benefits anywhere, anytime.


Leave a Comment